Recommended fabrics: lace knitted fabric, mixed fabric (for working).
You will need: fusible interfacing; 6 buttons.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Front part - 2 details
2. Back part - 1 detail
3. Front part facing - 2 details
4. Sleeve - 2 details
5. Cuff - 2 details
6. Back neckline facing – 2 details
Fusible interfacing: front part facing, cuff, back neckline facing.
Our advice: To make the fabric along stitched seams stretch, sew details with narrow zigzag or with special stretchable stitches. To make the hem stretch, oversew hem allowance with special oversew stitches (overlock), and then sew it using double needle. This is also attachable to other edges that should stay elastic. These recommendations are not for industry.
1. Strengthen the front part facing, cuffs and back neckline facing with fusible interfacing.
2. Stitch back neckline facings to shoulder edges of front part facings.
3. Oversew inner edge of front part facing and back neckline facing.
4. Sew shoulder seams, inserting selvedge.
5. Sew front part facing and back neckline facing to edge. Overstitch front/back part necklines with facing. Turn front part facing and back neckline facing into right side. Topstitch back neckline and front part facings.
6. Sew side seams.
7. Sew sleeve seams.
8. Fold cuffs right sides together. Sew short ends into ring. Make a notch into allowance (near split), with slit in the seam center. Fold cuffs right sides together, stitch edges.
9. Stitch cuffs to sleeve lower edge and oversew upper edge of the cuffs, with the sleeve.
10. Topstitch cuff-to-sleeve joining seam, them topstitch along lower part of the cuff and along slits edge.
11. Sew sleeves into armhole, fitting along caps.
12. Press hem allowance into wrong side and topstitch.
13. Work button holes into right front part and sew buttons to left one.