Fabric requirements: 100% silk or polyester silk fabric.
You will need: silk fabric, elastic lace scalloped at one side.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
2. Back - 1 piece with fold
3. Front - 1 piece with fold
1. Shoulder Strap - 2 pieces
4. Center Front Insert - 2 pieces
5. Side Front Insert - 2 pieces
1. Sew Center and Side Insert pieces together. Press center front seam allowances open; edgestitch the seam at both sides. Press vertical seams of Inserts towards center front and edgestitch.
2. Place Front Insert onto Front face-to-face and attach. Clip curved seam allowances and press them towards Front. Topstitch the seam at 0.5 cm (3/16”).
3. Turn under and press allowance at top of Back. Topstitch.
4. Sew side seams down to the notch. Press allowances open.
5. Turn under and press hem allowance; topstitch.
6. Turn under the edges (without scallops) of shoulder straps and topstitch. Pin shoulder straps to the top edge of Back and Front (under lace Inserts). Try the top on, adjust shoulder straps’ length. Stitch the straps to the top.