Recommended fabrics: silk-type fabrics – either 200% crepe-de-chine or 100% polyester silk.
You will need: silk fabric, contrasting silk fabric for trim.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
Fabric for slip:
1. Back - 1 piece with fold
2. Back Panel - 2 pieces
3. Breast Cup - 2 pieces
5. Front Panel - 1 piece with fold
4. Breast Cup Lining - 2 pieces
6. Back Facing – 1 piece
7. Shoulder Strap - 2 pieces
1. Sew center back seam of Back Panels. Attach Back to Back Panels. Press seam allowances up.
2. Sew darts of Breast Cups and Breast Cup Linings. Place Cups and Linings face-to-face and sew at top front and side edges (the edges adjacent to shoulder strap). Turn out and baste, forming narrow piping out of lining. Press to fix the piping. Attach Breast Cups to Front Panel.
3. Sew side seams.
4. Assemble Shoulder Straps: fold in half lengthwise, face side inside, and stitch along the raw edges at one long and one short side. Turn out, baste and press.
5. Attach shoulder straps to Back Facing (make sure the straps go perpendicular to the Back Facing raw edge). Place Back Facing onto Back face-to-face and attach at top edge. Turn the Facing to the wrong side, forming a narrow piping. Press. Turn under raw edges of Back Facing, baste. Topstitch Back Facing from the face side right into the seam of attaching Back Facing to Back Panels.
6. Try on the slip, adjust shoulder straps’ length. Hand-sew shoulder straps to Breast Cups’ corners.