Recommended fabrics: lightweight silk-type fabrics, for example: 100% silk satin, or rayon crepe, or 100% polyester satin.
You will need: silk fabric of two types – a garment fabric and a trim fabric.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Back - 1 piece with fold
2. Front - 2 pieces
4. Sleeve- 2 pieces
3. Belt - 1 piece
5. Front Facing - 2 pieces
6. Sleeve Facing - 2 pieces
7. Belt Tab – 3 pieces
8. Tie - 2 pieces
1. Sew shoulder seams. Press seam allowances open. Set sleeves into armholes.
2. Turn garment inside out, match at side seams. Sew side seams and under-sleeve seams at one go.
3. Turn under the hem allowance and press. Turn raw edge of hem allowance and stitch the hem. Sew together Front Facing pieces; press seam allowances open. Place Front Facing onto Front face-to-face and stitch along the front edges and neckline (seam 1 cm (3/8") width). Fold the Front Facing lengthwise, face side inside. Fold back the allowance at the long raw edge, pin at bottom. Stitch across the bottom ends. Turn out the Front Facing. From the face side, topstitch the Facing right into the seam of its attaching, picking up the bottom part of Facing as well.
4. Sew Sleeve Facing into a ring. Trim the sleeve bottom with Sleeve Facing in the same manner as you did with Front Facing.
5. Fold each Tie piece in half lengthwise, face side inside, and stitch around at one short and one long side. Turn Tie to the face side, baste and press. Sew one of the Ties to the left Front, another one – to the right Front’s side seam.
6. Fold the belt in half lengthwise, face side inside, and sew around one long and one short side. Turn out and baste. Turn under the raw edge at one short side and pin or baste. Edgestitch the belt.
7. Fold the Belt Tabs in half lengthwise, face side inside, and press. Open the tab, and fold raw edges inside towards the fold. Fold the tab again at the fold, press. Stitch each tab along the side with two folds. Place each tab along the side seam at waistline, turning under raw ends; stitch.