Recommended fabrics: lightweight silky fabrics.
You will need: silk fabric.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Middle Front - 1 piece
2. Bottom Front - 2 pieces
3. Back - 2 pieces
4. Top Front - 1 piece
5. Back Sleeve - 2 pieces
6. Front Sleeve - 2 pieces
1. Sew darts at Top Front. Turn under neckline allowances, topstitch. Sew Top Fronts to Middle Front.
2. Sew center front seam of Bottom Fronts. Sew Bottom Front unit to Middle Front.
3. Sew center back seam. Press neckline allowance to the wrong side, topstitch.
4. Sew Sleeves to Front and Back. Sew shoulder seams and upper sleeve seams at one go. Sew side seams and undesleeve seams at one go.
5. Turn under and press hem allowances of gown and sleeves, topstitch.
6. You might want to cut four long stripes of fabric for back ties. Fold each stripe lengthwise in half, wrong side inside, stitch along one long and one short sides. Turn out, press. Turn under raw edge of a stripe and bartack the stripe to the side seam – at top and bottom seams of Middle Front part. Tie the pairs of stripes together at center back.