You will need: silk fabric
Recommended fabrics: heavyweight satin-like fabrics of natural or artificial fibers.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Patch Pocket - 2 pieces
2. Back - 1 piece
3. Front - 2 pieces
4. Collar - 2 pieces
5. Belt - 1 piece
6. Sleeve - 2 pieces
1. Turn extended facing at top of each Pocket to the wrong side, stitch it to the Pocket at side edges. Turn out Pocket to the face side. Turn under Pocket allowances at sides and bottom, press. Topstitch across the Pocket to attach bottom edge of extended pocket facing. Mark pocket placement at each Front. Apply Pocket to Front, baste and edgestitch at sides and bottom.
2. Sew darts at Fronts. Press darts downwards.
3. Sew shoulder and side seams down to the notches for side vents. Press allowances open.
4. Line up Collar pieces face-to-face, stitch together at sides and outer edge. Turn out the Collar, baste and press.
5. Line up Front Facings with Fronts face-to-face, insert Collar in between, baste and stitch. NOTE: Sew only lower Collar with neckline of Back between shoulder seams, while clipping allowance of upper Collar at shoulder seams and turning allowance under.
Turn Front Facing to the wrong side, baste and press.
Turn Front Facings to the wrong side, press front edges. Turn under raw edge of upper Collar neckline, baste to neckline and stitch in the ditch of neckline seam to attach upper Collar.
6. Sew under-sleeve seams. Sew Sleeves into armholes.
7. Turn under and press allowances along side vents and bottom hem to the wrong side. Topstitch. Edgestitch front edges and outer edges of Collar. Turn under hem allowances of Sleeves, topstitch.
8. Fold Belt lengthwise in half and stitch along one long and one short side, turn out and press. Turn inside raw edges and edgestitch the Belt all around.