Recommended fabric: 100% silk or silk polyester.
You will need: silk fabric, contrasting color silk fabric for trimming (or ready-made bias tape).
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Back - 2 pieces
2. Side Front – 2 pieces
3. Center Front - 1 piece with fold
4. Piping for Front – 1 piece
5. Piping for Armhole+ Shoulder Strap – 2 pieces
6. Tab - 2 pieces
1. Sew center back seam, side and vertical seams, leaving open the areas at bottom for slits. Press center back seam to the left back panel. Press side seams towards back. Press allowances of the vertical seams open.
2. Place Piping for Front onto Center Front piece face-to-face and attach at 0.5 cm (3/16"). Wrap Piping around the edge, turning it inside (1/4” of the Piping should still be seen at the face side), turn under raw edge of Piping, baste, and topstitch on the face side right into the seam of attaching the Piping to Front.
3. Sew together the Pipings for Armholes. Place the Piping onto the garment’s top edge face-to-face (seam of the Piping should match the seam at the Back) and sew at 0.5 cm (1/4”).
Wrap Piping around the edge, turning it inside (1/4” of the Piping should still be seen at the face side), turn under raw edge of Piping, baste, and topstitch on the face side right into the seam of attaching the Piping to garment. For shoulder straps, just stitch the sides of Piping together.
4. Press to the wrong side the allowances of slits, edgestitch the slits..
5. Fold each tab lengthwise face side inside and stitch lengthwise. Turn out, baste and press. Sew tabs to the back of garment according to pattern markings.
6. Try on the slip to adjust shoulder straps’ length. Pull the straps through the tabs at back, adjust and hand-stitch the straps.