You will need: Fabric for Bath Robe – either heavy silky fabric or terry cloth type of fabric.
Recommended fabrics: satin fabric or terry cloth.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Pocket Bag - 4 pieces
2. Back - 1 piece
3. Front - 2 pieces
4. Belt - 1 piece
5. Placket - 1 piece
6. Sleeve - 2 pieces
7. Belt Loop - 2 pieces
1. Fold each Belt Loop piece lengthwise in half, stitch along the raw edge, turn out and press. Baste Belt Loops to Fronts between the notches as per pattern.
2. Line up Pocket Bags with raw side edges between the notches. Sew exactly at the line of side seam between the notches. Serge.
3. Sew shoulder seams. Serge. Press allowances towards Back.
4. Sew side seams from the second (bottom) notch down to the bottom, sewing together Pocket Bags all around at the same time.
5. Sew undersleeve seams, and bottom edges up to the notch, as well as top edges up to the first notch. Sew Sleeves into armholes between the second notches.
6. Turn under and topstitch allowances at raw edges of Sleeves and armholes.
7. Fold Placket lengthwise in half, stitch at short ends. Turn out the Placket, press. Sew raw edges of Placket to the front edges and neckline. Serge allowances altogether.
8. Turn under and press hem allowance. Topstitch.
9. Fold the Belt in half lengthwise, stitch at one long and one short side. Turn out and press. Turn raw edges inside and edgestitch the Belt all around.