Recommended fabrics: cotton, viscose, knitted fabric.
You will need: elastic braid.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Front part - 1 detail
2. Front part drawstring – 1 detail
3. Back part - 1 detail
4. Back part drawstring – 1 detail
5. Front stand-up collar – 1 detail
6. Back stand-up collar – 1 detail
7. Back stand-up collar drawstring – 1 detail
8. Front stand-up collar drawstring – 1 detail
9. Tie – 4 details
Our advice: To make the fabric along stitched seams stretch, sew details with narrow zigzag or with special stretchable stitches. To make the hem stretch, oversew hem allowance with special oversew stitches (overlock), and then sew it using double needle. This is also attachable to other edges that should stay elastic. These recommendations are not for industry.
1. Oversew front/back parts armhole allowances, fold them under and topstitch.
2. Tuck tie ends. Fold ties along the center and stitch on 0.7 cm (1/4") from the fold center. Turn tie into right side, then press. Sew ends.
3. Oversew shoulder edges. Sew shoulder seams. Topstitch shoulder seams along both sides from joining seam on 1 cm (3/8")width. Tuck ties into allowances.
4. Overstitch front stand-up collar with front drawstring. Overstitch back stand-up collar with back drawstring.
5. Sew stand-ups collars side edges to drawstrings, with unstitched spaces in drawstring left side seam, for elastic braid. Turn the collar into right side and press.
6. Make stitches for elastic braid in accordance with marking. Sew the collar to neckline.
7. Pull elastic braid into and fix its ends.
8. Sew front part drawstring to front part hem. Sew back part drawstring to back part hem.
9. Sew garment side seams as well as front/back parts facing side seams, with unsewn space in the drawstring left side seam, for elastic braid.
10. Make stitches for elastic braid in accordance with marking.
11. Pull elastic braid into and fix its ends.