You will need: sheer fabric; satin (for trimming); zipper; fusing; bias tape.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Waistband_1 – 2 pieces
2. Waistband_2 – 2 pieces
3. Back part – 2 pieces
4. Back trimming – 4 pieces
5. Front part – 1 piece
6. Front trimming – 4 pieces
Fusing: front trimming, back trimming.
1. Apply the fusing to wrong side of front/back trimming.
2. Serge side edges. Stitch side seams excluding closure slit into left side seam. Press side seams apart and press the slit. Topstitch the slit at 0.5 cm (3/16") from edge.
3. Make pleats into shaped neckline and make provisional stitch. Trim the neckline with bias tape. Fold bias tape in half lengthwise, wrong side inside, and press. Unfold the bias; turn inside half-width of each side of the tape, press. Fold the tape back in at the first pressed fold, press again. Encase shirred keyhole neckline into bias tape, baste and topstitch to trim neckline with bias.
4. Stitch side edges of front/back trimmings. Press front/back trimming’s side seams apart. Stitch middle font seam and press it apart. Lay front/back trimmings right side together and overstitch outer edge of trimming and inner edge between notches. Turn the trimming right side out and press it. Press lower trimming’s lower edge at 1 cm (3/8"). Stitch the trimming to the garment coinciding side seams.
5. Serge middle edge. Stitch middle seam up to closure mark and press the seam apart. Stitch the zipper in. Fold middle edge of back trimming and topstitch it along zipper joining seam.
6. Make pleats along front/back part’s hem.
7. Lay waistband_1 and waistband_2 right sides together and stitch waistband’s middle seam. Press middle seam apart and overstitch waistband’s outer edge as well as outer/inner edges of waistband’s ties. Press waistband outer edge. Press waistband inner edge at 1 cm (3/8"). Stitch outer waistband to the top. Press joining seam towards the garment.
8. Topstitch trimming’s inner pressed edge along trimming joining seam.