You will need: jersey or elastic fabric; decorative cord of 2.5-3 m length (3.30 yd); bias tape.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Back part - 2 details
2. Front part - 2 details
1. Serge back middle edge. Sew back middle seam and press it towards back right part.
2. Press the bias tape along center. Overstitch front/back neckline and front/back armhole edge with it.
3. Serge hem allowance and press to wrong side. Serge front middle edge. Sew front middle edge. Press front middle edge apart and topstitch front middle seam allowance along both sides at equal distance from seam. (When stitching front middle seam, hem allowance must be in front middle seam.)
4. Serge back part lower edge and shoulder edges.
5. Sew shoulder edges and press them apart. Topstitch shoulder seam allowance along both sides at equal distance.
6. Serge side seams and press them backwards.
7. Fold the hem under and topstitch it.
8. Pull the cord into front middle seam allowance and tie. Pull the cord into shoulder seam allowance and tie.