Matrial: light wool or combined material, as crepe or gabardine.
You will need: soft crepe gabardine; lining; fusible interfacing; elastic band of 3 cm (1-3/16") width and 0,5 m length(19-6/8") ; zipper; 1 button.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Front panel - 1 folded detail
2. Back panel - 2 details
3. Waistband - 1 detail
4. Belt loop - 1 detail
Lining: cut front and back panels excluding vent facing and hem allowance width.
Fusible interfacing: press facing to vent one-piece facing and to waistband (excluding the drawstring). Each side drawstring length is from front dart to back one correspondingly.
1. Sew darts into front and back panels, press them towards center.
2. Sew back center seam from the zipper mark down to vent. Sew side seams. Sew zipper in.
3. Press hem allowance into wrong side and sew.
4. Press vent facing into wrong side and sew it to hem tucking. Sew vent allowance from right side; to do this, topstitch back left panel 5 cm (2") from vent end by downward diagonal.
5. Sew lining darts and seams, as for fabric. Topstitch zipper allowance closely along the edge. Pull lining into the fabric skirt wrong sides together, tack waistlines.
6. Press long edges of belt loops 0.75 cm (1/4") to wrong side, topstitch and cut into 4 pieces. Tack belt loops to darts on waistline.
7. Sew waistband and waistline right sides together. Leave closure allowance at back right end. Sew waistband ends. For drawstring: topstitch the belt along the joining seam between darts.
8. Cut elastic band into 2 pieces; sew it between darts continuing each dart line, adjusting the length. Fold under the open waistband edge overlapping the joining seam and topstitch closely to the edge. Topstitch the waistband along the center of each drawstring by vertical, stretching elastic band.
9. Turn under the open ends of belt loops and sew to upper edge of waistband. Work button hole into left end of waistband, sew button to right end.
10. Undersew lining 2 cm (6/8") shorter than fabric skirt. Fold vent edges under and sew.