You will need: cotton velvet; fusing; zipper.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Gusset – 6 pieces
2. Facing – 2 pieces
1. Apply the fusing to wrong side of facings.
2. Serge closure slit edges into side left gusset. Stitch gussets together excluding closure slit unstitched. Serge joining seam and press it.
3. Stitch facings’ side edges and press seams apart. Serge facings’ outer edge.
4. Stitch the zipper in. Overstitch front/back panels’ upper edge with facing. Under stitch facing. Fold side edges under and sew by hand.
4. Serge the hem, press it and topstitch on the skirt.