Recommended fabrics: well-forming material for skirts.
You will need: fabric; fusible interfacing; 1 zipper (about 20 cm (8") length), 2 zippers (about 90 cm (0.98yd) length).
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Back panel - 2 details
2. Front panels - 2 details
3. Front panel facing - 1 folded detail
4. Back panel facing - 2 details
5. Gusset - 2 details
6. Pocket - 1 detail
7. Flap - 2 details
Fusible interfacing: facings, upper details of flaps.
1. Strengthen the facings and upper details of flaps with fusible interfacing (press thermal interfacing on the left side with hot iron).
2. Sew darts into back panel, press towards center.
3. Sew back center seam below zipper mark, press allowance apart. Tack zipper under split edges, sew it from the right side.
4. Sew front center seam, press allowance apart.
5. Press pocket allowance into wrong side and sew it on the front right panel according to marking. Work sides and lower edge of the flap, tuck and press it. Sew the flap on front right panel above the pocket. Press downwards and topstitch on 0.7 cm (1/4") distance from edge.
6. Sew side seams from the zipper mark down to slit marks.
7. Sew side seams of facings.
8. Work waistline with facings. Press allowance on facing and topstitch, tuck and tack the open edge of facing. Fold facing ends under and sew to zipper bands.
9. Tack zippers under side split edges so that they open upwards and topstitch along the edge.
10. Fold gusset hem allowances under and topstitch. Put chocks on zippers bands and side seam allowances right sides to left and topstitch closely to zipper teeth.
11. Turn over hem allowance along hemline, press and sew by hand.