Recommended fabrics: dense suit material.
You will need: gabardine; fusible interfacing; zipper; 1 button.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Back panel - 2 details
2. Front panels - 1 folded detail
3. Waistband - 1 detail
4. Patched pocket - 2 details
5. Flap - 2 details
6. Facing - 2 details
Fusible interfacing: reinforce the waistband, flaps and facing with fusible interfacing.
1. Reinforce the waistband, flaps and facings with fusible interfacing (press thermal interfacing to left side with hot iron).
2. Sew darts into front and back skirts and press them towards center. Sew back center seam up to the vent mark and press allowance apart.
3. Face slip pockets on patch pockets: press to left side of patch pockets the stripe of facing of 4 cm (1-5/8") width above the pocket marking. Press flaps along center right side out. Pin flaps to marked line of pocket entrance right sides together with their edges to marked line. Pin facings upper with their edge to marking. Topstitch on 1 cm (3/8") from the line. Cut the patch pocket along between the stitch lines, by diagonal to stitch line ends. Be careful with facings and flaps! Press seam allowances toward the pocket. Turn flaps to left side to make careful frame, tack them. Topstitch slaps preciously along their joining seam from right side. Turn small triangles at split ends to left side and topstitch onto flap preciously from one stitch line ends to another ends. Sew free end of pocket facings from on the left side of pocket.
4. Press allowance of outer sides of pockets to left side, put on front panel and topstitch.
5. Press the pleat into front panel, topstitch it on the edge. Sew right side seam and left side seam downwards the zipper mark. Press seams apart. Topstitch zipper.
6. Sew waistband to waistline right side on left. Fold waistband along center break line right sides together and sew short ends. Fold under the seam allowance of the open waistband edge overlapping the joining seam and topstitch closely along the edge. Work the button hole.
7. Undersew the hem. Press the one-piece facing of vent (left back panel) on bent line to the left side and sew to hemline. Topstitch the longitudinal side of vent allowance (right back panel) as narrow as possible. Topstitch the left back panel on the top of vent by diagonal catching vent allowance.