You will need: wool/semi-wool; fusing; zipper.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Fly front – 1 piece
2. Button fly – 1 piece
3. Belt loop – 1 piece
4. Back panel – 1 piece
5. Front panel – 2 pieces
6. Side front panel – 2 pieces
7. Large pocket bag – 2 pieces
8. Small pocket bag – 2 pieces
9. Front waistband – 4 pieces
10. Back waistband – 2 pieces
Fusing: lower waistband of front/back panels.
1. Apply the fusing to wrong side of lower waistband of front/back panels.
2. Stitch back darts. Press darts towards back center.
3. Fold belt loop along the center wrong side out, coincide edges and overstitch at 0.5-0.7 cm (3/16") from edges. Turn it right side out, placing the seam at bend or make edging of 0.1-0.2 cm (1/16") width at inner side, and press it. Cut belt loops in accordance with the pattern.
4. Stitch small pocket bag to side front panel. Serge joining seam and topstitch on pocket bag. Overstitch pocket entrance with large pocket bag. Press pocket entrance, topstitch at 1 cm from overstitching. Fix side front panel to front panel along upper edge. Stitch pocket bag and serge it.
5. Stitch waistband’s side edges and press seams apart. Stitch the waistband to front/back panels inserting belt loops.
6. Stitch the fly front to front panel’s right edge. Serge middle edge of front panel and fly front. Stitch middle front edge up to closure notch.
7. Serge side edges of front/back panel. Stitch side seams. Press side seams apart.
8. Press stitches fly front into wrong side. Stitch the zipper under closure allowance. Stitch zipper free braid to fly front on right edge (do not catch front part’s fabric). Fold button catch along the center and overstitch short lower edge and upper edges. Turn button catch right side out, press it and overstitch straight vertical edges together. Topstitch closure allowance on button catch at skirt left edge.
9. Cut waistband right front part by fly front’s width. Stitch side edges of reinforced waistband of front/back panels and press seams apart. Serge reinforced waistband of front/back panels. Overstitch waistband’s upper edge of front/back panel with reinforced waistband. Under stitch facing. Fold waistband middle edge and topstitch roundly right front panel catching fly front and underfolded middle edge (right part) of waistband. Fold waistband middle edge (left part) under and topstitch it along seam joining button catch. Fold belt loops’ ends under and topstitch them on waistband with double stitch.
10. Serge the hem. Press hem allowance into wrong side and topstitch it.