Recommended fabrics: soft cloth, wool crepe, gabardine.
You will need: gabardine; zipper; 1 button; fusible interfacing.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Waistband - 1 detail
2. Back panel - 2 details
3. Middle part of front panel - 1 detail
4. Side part of front panel - 2 details
5. Belt loop - 1 detail
Fusible interfacing: reinforce the waistband with fusible interfacing.
1. Sew darts into back panels and press towards centre.
2. Sew back centre seam between zipper and slit marks, sew side seams. Sew zipper in.
3. Press slit allowance to wrong side, and topstitch it.
4. Sew waistband to waistline edge right wide on left leaving closure allowance on right back end. Sew ends. Fold under the seam allowance of the open waistband edge overlapping the joining seam and topstitch closely along the edge. Work a button hole into the left end of the waistband and sew button to the right end.
5. Fold under allowances of vent long sides and topstitch the vent along the edge on long sides. Cut the detail into pieces. Fold the belt loops under and topstitch on the waistband.
6. Turn over hem allowance along hemline, press, then topstitch.