Recommended fabrics: light natural or combined material.
You will need: silk; 1 zipper; 1 button.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Skirt panel - 4 details
2. Upper panel - 4 details
3. Waistband – 1 detail
Fusible interfacing: waistband.
1. Strength the waistband with the fusible interfacing (press the thermal interfacing on the left side with hot iron).
2. Sew the back middle seam at skirt panels under cutting mark together. Sew the front middle seam and side seams together. Press allowances apart. Sew allowances alongside the split edges inside.
3. Sew the zipper in the middle of the back panel. Topstitch zipper tape the width of the foot.
4. Sew top edges of upper and lower panels by hands coinciding panels left side to right side correspondingly.
5. Pin the waistband right sides together to the skirt upper edge, then sew. Press seam allowances toward the waistband. Fold waistband along center break line right sides together and sew short ends. Turn the band out, fold the inner edge of the waistband and pin so that the inner edge 2 mm (1/16") overlap the joining seam. Topstitch closely along the edge.
6. Work a button hole into the left end of the waistband and sew button the right one.
7. Turn over hem allowance along hemline, press, then topstitch or sew by hand.