Recommended fabrics: crinkle chiffon.
You will need: fusible interfacing; 5 buttons.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Front part - 2 details
2. Back part – 1 detail
3. Sleeve - 2 details
4. Collar – 2 details
5. Stand-up collar – 2 details
Fusible interfacing: placket, outer collar, stand-up collar.
Press each stitched seam, then oversew and press again.
1. Strengthen the placket, outer collar, cuffs and stand-up collar with fusible interfacing
2. Sew bust darts into front part and topstitch them.
3. Sew shoulder seams, then topstitch,
4. Sew sleeves into armholes, then topstitch seams.
5. Oversew separately side edges 15 cm (5-7/5") from the hem, then sew downward to notch marks.
6. Press sleeve hem allowance in double into wrong side at 3 cm (1-1/8") width. Topstitch it on foot width. Press sleeve hem allowance into wrong side again. Topstitch lower edge of the fold also on foot width.
7. Face the placket.
8. Stitch the inner collar with outer one. Turn collar right side out and topstitch.
9. Sew stand-ups, with the collar between them.
10. Sew inner stand-up (with the collar) to the neckline, fold the outer stand-up open edge under and topstitch along the seam of inner stand-up.
11. Press hem allowance to left, then topstitch. Press and topstitch slit allowances.
12. Make button holes into right (overlap) part and sew buttons to the left (underlap) one.