You will need: natural fabric with elastic yarns; elastic braid, zipper, fusing; a button.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Cut side front part - 2 details
2. Center front part - 2 details
3. Side front part - 2 details
4. Button catch - 1 detail
5. Patch pocket - 2 details
6. Flap - 4 details
7. Center back part - 2 details
8. Side back part - 2 details
9. Waistband - 1 detail
10. Belt loop - 8 details
1. Pocket - 2 details
Fusing: waistband, button catch, flap.
1. Apply the fusing to wrong side of waistband, flap, button catch.
2. Lay pocket lining on center front part right side together, and overstitch pocket entrance. Fold the lining out into wrong side. Topstitch along pocket entrance at 0.5 cm (3/16") from edge. Lay center front part to side front part marking (pocket entrance). Fix side front part to center front part along upper/side edge with 1 cm (3/8") stitch. Stitch pocket lining and serge it.
3. Stitch back darts. Press darts towards back center.
4. Stitch front relieve seam and serge it. Press the seam towards front center and topstitch at 0.5 cm from seam.
5. Stitch back relieve seam and serge it. Press the seam towards back center and topstitch at 0.5 cm from seam.
6. Lay flap details right sides together and overstitch them. Cut allowances into corners and turn them right side out. Topstitch along flap outer corner at 0.5 cm from edge and serge flap upper edge.
7. Serge garment side. Stitch garment side seam and press it apart.
8. Serge pocket outer contour and press it according to pattern. Topstitch upper edge on the pocket and topstitch the pocket along the contour at 0.2 cm (1/16") from pocket edge. Topstitch the flap on the pocket. Fold the flap into right side and topstitch it at 0.5 cm from the seam.
9. Serge inner/outer leg seams, middle and lower edge of garment. Stitch inner leg seams and press them apart. Stitch front/middle edges up to closure notch. Make another stitch along crotch seam close to the seam joining front seam and middle seam.
10. Press one-piece facings of closure into wrong side. Stitch the zipper under closure allowance left edge. Stitch zipper free braid to one-piece right edge. Serge button catch side edge. Fold button catch along the center and overstitch short lower edge. Topstitch one-piece closure facing on button catch left edge. Topstitch slit right edge catching the facing.
11. Lay belt loop details right sides together leaving upper edge free. Turn belt loops right side out and pres them.
12. Press the waistband along the center, right side out, and serge waistband lower inner edge.
13. Stitch the waistband to garment upper edge. Overstitch waistband ends, cut seam allowances into corners and turn them out. Cut elastic braid and topstitch pieces vertically on waistband. Topstitch waistband lower sergeed edge on joining seam and press ready waistband. Topstitch belt loops on waistband upper edge. Sew belt loops on garment.
14. Press hem allowance into wrong side and topstitch.
15. Serge belt loops into waistband right edge, sew the button on left edge.