You will need: denim; fusing; 1 button; cotton lining; eyelets; cord.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Side front part – 2 pieces
2. Center front part – 2 pieces
3. Back facing – 4 pieces
4. Front upper facing – 2 pieces
5. Side part – 2 pieces
6. Front insert – 2 pieces
7. Button catch – 1 piece
8. Back part – 2 pieces
9. Belt loop – 1 piece
10. Front lower facing – 2 pieces
11. Closure facing – 2 pieces
1. Large pocket bag – 2 pieces
2. Small pocket bag – 2 pieces
Fusing: front upper facing, back facing, closure facing, button catch.
1. Apply the fusing to wrong side of facings and button catch.
2. Stitch front insert to side front part and serge the seam. Press joining seam towards side front part and topstitch at 0.5 cm (3/16") from the seam.
3. Stitch center front part to side front part and serge the seam. Press joining seam towards side front part and topstitch at 0.5 cm from seam.
4. Serge side part’s outer edge and topstitch it on large pocket bag. Mark pocket entrance on side part. Overstitch pocket entrance on center front part with small pocket bag. Press pocket entrance placing edging and topstitch at 0.5 cm from pocket edge. Lay front part to line on side part. Fix upper edge of front/side parts with 3 cm (1-3/16") stitch. Stitch pocket bag and serge it.
5. Lay lower front facing on garment front part wrong sides together and stitch lower front facing. Lay lower back facing on back part wrong sides together and stitch lower back facing. Press joining seam towards facing.
6. Serge side edge of back /front parts, inner leg seams of front/back parts, front/middle edges.
7. Stitch front edge between notches, stop stitching 2 cm (6/8") before inner leg edge.
8. Fold button catch along the center and overstitch short lower/upper edges. Turn button catch right side out, press it and serge right vertical edges together. Lay button catch under front part and topstitch it on left front part at 2 cm distance. Button catch’s upper edge is at the level of seam joining lower facing.
9. Stitch middle edge of closure facings and press it apart. Press closure facing’s outer edge at 1 cm (3/8"). Lay closure facing’s right side on front part’s wrong side and overstitch the edge folding button catch out. Turn the facing into right side of front part and press it.
10. Fold the belt loop along the center wrong side our, adjust edges and overstitch it at 0.5-0.7 cm (3/16") from edges. Turn it right side out, place the seam correctly or make edging of 0.1-0.2 cm (1/16") width into inner side, and press the loop.
11. Stitch inner leg seams and press them apart. Stitch crotch’s back edge and the segment 2 cm (6/8") above front edge. Make another stitch along crotch seam close to stitch joining front/middle seam.
12. Stitch side seams of front/back parts together. Press side seams apart.
13. Stitch side edges of upper facings and press the seam apart. Press outer edge of upper facings at 1 cm. Lay stitched facings’ right side on garment’s wrong side, lay closure facing under upper front facing and overstitch upper edge. Topstitch seams on inner facing at 0.2 cm (1/16") from overstitching, then press.
14. Cut belt loops according to size. Slash seam allowances in closure facing corners and turn facings right side out. Topstitch lower edge of upper facings along the seam joining lower facings inserting belt loops. Topstitch belt loops on upper edge of facings according to marks.
15. Topstitch closure facing on front part.
16. Serge hem allowances and press it into wrong side. Topstitch hem allowances on pants.
17. Set eyelets into garment’s back part. Pull the cord in.