You will need: sheer fabric; fusing; 1 zipper; 2 buttons; decorative cord.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Front part – 2 pieces
2. Back part – 2 pieces
3. Front facing – 1 piece
4. Back facing – 1 piece
5. Back waistband – 2 pieces
6. Front waistband – 2 pieces
Fusing: front/back facings, front/back waistbands.
1. Apply the fusing to wrong side of front/back facings, front/back waistbands.
2. Stitch waistband’s right wide edge and press the seam apart. Make buttonholes into waistband’s right side seam and in the middle of back waistband. Cut decorative cord in pieces and topstitch it on waistband side edge. Lay waistbands right sides together and overstitch: upper/lower/side edges of waistband excluding a hole into upper edges. Slash corners and turn the waistband right out. Press ready waistband. Topstitch at 0.5 cm distance along upper contour catching the hole.
3. Serge side edges of front/back parts, front/back parts’ inner leg seams, front/middle edges of both parts. Stitch side edges of front/back parts excluding closure slit in left side seam as well as lower edges. Press side seams apart and press slits. Topstitch along slit contours in side seam.
4. Stitch inner leg seams and press them apart. Stitch front/middle edges. Make another stitch along crotch seam close to the stitch joining front/middle seam.
5. Press closure allowances into wrong side. Stitch the zipper under slit with zipper’s teeth hidden.
6. Stitch right side edge of front/back facings and press the seam apart. Serge facings’ inner edge. Lay stitched facings right sides together and overstitch upper edge. Topstitch seams on facing at 0.2 cm (1/16") from overstitching and press them.
7. Serge hem allowances, them press it into wrong side. Topstitch hem allowances on pants.
8. Sew buttons on back middle seam and on right side seam.