RECOMMENDED FABRICS: medium-weight blends of natural and elastic fibers
You will need: zipper; button; fusible interfacing; elastic tape.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Front Part – 2 pieces
2. Back Part – 2 pieces
3. Belt Loop – 1 piece
4. Zip Fly – 1 piece
5. Waistband – 1 piece
Fusible interfacing: waistband, zip fly.
1. Reinforce Waistband and Zip Fly with fusible interfacing.
2. Mark darts at the Back Parts. Sew Darts; press them towards center back.
3. Serge side, inseam, crotch and bottom edges of pants. Sew inseams. Press seams open. Sew side seams up to the notch for vent. Press allowances open, including vent allowances. Topstitch sides of vent at 0.5 cm (3/16”).
Sew crotch seam from back waist to the notch for zipper at front. Reinforce the seam, making a parallel crotch stitching very close to previous seam.
4. Turn under and press extended zipper facings at Front Parts. Sew the zipper under closure allowance (left edge) along edge. Sew zipper free braid to right one-piece facing. Fold button catch along the center and overstitch lower short edge. Topstitch one-piece closure facing on button catch on garment left edge. Topstitch slit right edge catching facing.
5. Fold the Belt Loop lengthwise in half, face side inside, and stitch along the raw edge at 0.5-0.7 cm (3/16”). Turn out, placing the seam at fold, or forming a piping 0.1-0.2 cm (1/16”) wide, and press.
6. Fold and press the Waistband lengthwise in half, wrong side inside, and serge long edge (inner half) of Waistband. Cut the Belt Loop into pieces, apply Loops to bottom edge of Waistband as per pattern, Staystitch Loops to Waistband.
7. Cut elastic according to your size and comfort (not too tight). Staystitch ends of elastic across the Waistband. Sew Waistband with Belt Loops to the top edge of pants. Turn back short ends of Waistband (wrong side out), and stitch. Clip allowances in corners, turn the Waistband back to the face side, press. Stitch in the ditch of waistline seam to fasten inner half of Waistband. Turn under raw ends of Loops, topstitch onto waistband.
8. Turn under bottom hem, pin and topstitch.
9. Mark and work buttonhole into right side of Waistband. Sew button to the left side.