You will need: fabric mixed with lycra; zipper; 3 Velcro's.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Front part - 2 details
2. Back part - 2 details
3. Waistband right part - 1 detail
4. Waistband left part - 1 detail
5. Button catch - 1 detail
6. Belt loop - 4 details
7. Patch pocket - 2 details
8. Patch pocket flap - 4 details
Fusing: waistband, inner flaps.
1. Apply the fusing to wrong side of waistband details and inner flaps.
2. Sew front and back parts along side edges. Press seam allowances apart.
3. Press pocket allowances under, sew the pocket on the shorts parts along marking. Overstitch the flap along side and figure edges. Turn it right side out, then press and topstitch along edges. Sew the flap on pants parts. Turn the flap wrong side on short right side. Press the flap, then topstitch on 0.7 cm (3/16") from the edge.
4. Fold front parts right sides together, sew front seam under notch mark, 2 cm (6/8") below step seam.
5. ZIPER: press zipper closure one-piece facings into wrong side. Sew the zipper under left edge closure allowance. Sew zipper free braid to right part to one-piece facing. Fold the button catch along the center, overstitch it along short upper and short lower edges. Topstitch closure one-piece facing on the button catch on pants left part. Topstitch slit right edge catching facing.
6. Sew leg inside seams. Press seam allowances apart.
7. Topstitch belt loops along one long and one short edges.
8. Sew one of waistband long edges and pants upper edge, right sides together, leave projecting closure allowance at slit left edge. When stitching, insert belt loop raw edges between waistband and the garment. Insert one part into another, right sides together. Stitch middle seam up to waistband upper edge. Press middle seam apart to the rounding. Press waistband joining seams toward the waistband. Fold the waistband along the center, stitch front ends. Turn the waistband right side out, topstitch strictly along the joining seam on right side. Topstitch belt loop ready ends on the waistband.
9. Press hem allowances under and sew.
10. Topstitch Velcro hard part on waistband right part and flap corners and soft one - on waistband left part and on the pocket.