Recommended fabrics: lightweight silk or rayon fabrics
You will need: silk fabric with pattern; crepe-satin for trim details; fusible interfacing; 1 button.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Front - 2 pieces
2. Back - 2 pieces
3. Sleeve - 2 pieces
4. Back Neck Facing - 2 pieces
5. Front Facing- 2 pieces
6. Sleeve Facing – 2 pieces
Fusible Interfacing: reinforce all the facings
1. Place Fronts face-to-face and sew center front seam, leaving an opening at the bottom.
2. Place Backs face-to-face and sew center back seam, leaving an opening at the top. Press seam allowances open. Press allowances of back closure opening to the wrong side.
3. Sew darts and shoulder seams.
4. Sew shoulder seams of Back Neck Facing and Front Facing. Sew center front seam, leaving an opening. Press seam allowances of the inside halves of the facings to the wrong side, clipping in the corners. Sew Back Neck Facing face side to the wrong side of neckline.
5. Cut a bias stripe of trim fabric 5 cm (2”) long and 1.5 cm (5/8") wide. Fold in half lengthwise, face side inside, stitch along the long edges, turn out. Fold the ready stripe in half to create a loop, corresponding to the button you plan on using; baste the loop to the left edge of back closure opening.
6. Clip allowances of facing at curves several times. Turn facings to the face side and sew to the front edges of slit at bottom. Baste Front/Back Facing to Front and topstitch, attaching the loop.
7. Press to the wrong side allowances of Sleeve Facings, only at one long side of each Facing. Sew each Sleeve Facing (unpressed raw edge) to bottom edge of Sleeve, with Sleeve Facing’s face side against Sleeve’s wrong side. Turn Sleeve Facing to the face side, topstitch it to the Sleeve.
8. Sew Sleeves into armholes. Sew side seams and sleeve seams at one go.
9. Press hem allowance to the wrong side, turn under raw edge and topstitch.
10. Sew button to the right side of back closure opening so that the edges meet.