Recommended fabric: lightweight silk or rayon fabrics.
You will need: silk, fusible interfacing, drawcord, tips for cord.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Front – 1 piece
2. Back – 2 pieces
3. Front Neckline Facing – 1 piece
4. Back Neckline Facing - 1 piece
5. Front Insert – 2 pieces
6. Back Insert – 2 pieces
7. Back Panel – 1 piece
8. Front Panel – 1 piece
Fusible Interfacing: Front Neckline Facing, Back Neckline Facing.
1. Reinforce Front Neckline Facing and Back Neckline Facing with fusible interfacing.
2. Sew darts at Front, press them towards center front.
3. Mark and sew darts at Back. Press them towards center back.
4. Sew and serge center back seam. Press allowances to the left.
5. Sew side and shoulder seams. Serge allowances, press towards Back.
6. Sew side seams at Front and Back Panels. Serge allowances, press towards Back.
7. Sew side seams of Front and Back Inserts. Press seams open.
8. Machine-baste at top allowance (0.5 cm from raw edge) of Back and Front Panels. Pull threads to make gathers so that Front/Back Panels equal in length to Front/Back at waistline. Spread out gathers evenly at waistline.
9. Mark placement of buttonholes at the outer Front Insert. Work buttonholes. Serge bottom edge of inner halves of Front/Back Inserts. Sew outer Front and Back Inserts to the top edge of Front and Back Panels. Line up top edge of outer Insert, bottom edge of Front/Back and top edge of inner Insert. Stitch together – you should have Top part of blouse sewn between outer and inner Inserts. Turn down inner Insert. Stitch in the ditch of previous seam to attach bottom edge of inner Insert.
10. Sew shoulder seams of Back/ Front Neckline Facings. Serge outer edge of Neckline Facings. Place Neckline Facings onto blouse, lining up at neckline, and stitch together at neckline. Understitch neckline seam. Press finished neckline. Bartack Neckline Facings to shoulder seams of blouse.
11. Serge raw edges of armholes, turn under armhole allowances and topstitch.
12. Serge bottom of blouse, turn under hem allowance, topstitch. Insert and pull cord through the buttonholes. Put on cord tips.