Recommended fabric: cotton, linen, blended fabrics.
You will need: shell fabric, fusible interfacing.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Center Front - 1 piece
2. Center Back - 2 pieces
3. Side Front - 2 pieces
4. Side Back - 2 pieces
5. Patch Pocket – 1 piece
6. Flap – 2 pieces
7. Back Neckline Facing – 1 piece
8. Front Neckline Facing - 1 piece
9. Armhole Facing – 2 pieces
Fusible Interfacing: Pocket Flap, Back Neckline Facing, Front Neckline Facing, Armhole Facings.
1. Serge raw edges of Patch Pocket all around. Turn under and press allowances at sides and bottom of Pocket as per pattern. Turn under allowance at top of Pocket, press and topstitch at 2.5 cm (1”) from top edge. Mark Pocket placement at Center Front part. Apply Pocket to Center Front part, baste and topstitch at sides and bottom.
2. Place Flap pieces face-to-face and stitch together at three outer edges. Clip allowances in corners of Flap, turn out, press. Topstitch the Flap at 0.5 cm (3/16”). Serge top edge of Flap. Mark Flap placement at Center Front part, just above the Pocket. Place Flap at the mark, with serged next to Pocket; stitch Flap to Front. Fold the Flap down, press. Topstitch the Flap seam at 0.5 cm (3/16”).
3. Sew princess seams of Front and Back. Press seam allowances towards center back and center front, slightly (not deep!) clipping allowances at curves to they lay flat. Serge princess seams allowances. Topstitch princess seams at Center Front/Back. Sew side and shoulder seams. Serge seam allowances; press them towards Back.
4. Sew and serge center back seam.
5. Sew shoulder seams of Back Neckline Facing and Front Neckline Facing. Press seams open. Serge bottom edge of Neckline Facings (NOT the edge that goes into neckline).
Place Neckline Facings onto garment neckline, face-to-face, and stitch together along the neckline. Turn Facing to the wrong side, clipping allowances in corners and at curves. Understitch the neckline seam. Press neckline. Line up Armhole Facing with armhole of garment, face-to-face. Stitch Facing to armhole. Clip allowances of armhole. Turn Armhole Facing to the wrong side, press. Topstitch armholes at 0.5 cm (3/16”). Bartack Neckline Facing to shoulder seams of Top, and at center back seam.
6. Serge bottom edge of Top. Turn under hem allowances and topstitch.