Recommended fabric: fabrics with elastic fibers (e.g lycra).
You will need: fabric; drawcord (refer to your pattern for the length), 2 tips for drawcord ends.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Side Front Part – 2 pieces
2. Front Part - 2 pieces
3. Back Part – 2 pieces
4. Front Facing – 2 pieces
5. Back Facing – 2 pieces
6. Side Pocket Bag – 2 pieces
Fusible Interfacing: Back Facing, allowance of side pocket of Front Part.
1. Reinforce Back Facing, allowance of side pocket of Front Part and area of buttonholes for drawcord at center front of Front Facing.
2. Place Side Pocket Bag onto Front Part face-to-face, aligning raw edges of pocket entrance; stitch along pocket entrance. Clip allowances, turn Pocket Bag to the wrong side, press. Edgestitch pocket entrance. Place Side Front Part underneath Front Part. Pin and stitch together pocket bags. Baste or Staystitch at top edge and side edge (pocket area only) of pants.
3. Sew and serge side seams of pants. Press allowances towards Back Part of pants.
4. Serge bottom and crotch raw edges of pants. Sew and serge inseams. Press allowances of inseams towards Back Part. Sew crotch seam, make another seam very close to crotch seam (to reinforce the seam)
5. Mark placement of buttonholes at the Front Facing as per pattern. Work buttonholes into the Front Facing.
6. Sew side seams of Front Facings and Back Facings, creating a 2 rings – outer and inner Facing, press allowances open. Stitch outer Facing to the waist edge of pants. Press allowances towards Facings.
7. Serge bottom edge of inner Facing. Place inner Facing onto outer Facing (sewn to pants) face-to-face and stitch together at the top edge. Under-stitch the seam at the inner Facing. Stitch in the ditch of waist seam (joining outer Facing with pants) to attach bottom (serged) edge of inner Facing.
8. Press bottom hem allowances of pants to the wrong side; topstitch.
9. Insert and pull the drawcord through the buttonholes; put on cord tips, draw knots at the ends of cord.