Recommended fabric: linen, cotton blended with artificial fibers, such as polyester. To emphasize the shirring, we would recommend using single-color satin-like fabrics.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Center Front- 2 pieces
2. Center Back - 1 piece
3. Side Front - 2 pieces
4. Side Back - 2 pieces
5. Sleeve – 2 pieces
6. Cuff – 4 pieces
7. Placket – 2 pieces
8. Collar – 2 pieces
Fusible Interfacing: outer Collar, Placket, Cuffs.
1. Reinforce outer Collar, Placket and Cuffs with fusible interfacing.
2. Place outer and inner Collars face-to-face and stitch together at outer edges. Clip allowances, turn out the collar, press.
3. Machine-baste at allowances of princess seams of Center Front and Side Front. Pull threads to make gathers. Spread gather evenly along the edge. Baste and sew princess seams of Fronts with two parallel seams, at each side of machine-basting seam. Remove machine-basting threads. Serge allowances of princess seams.
4. Sew and serge princess seams of Back. Press allowances towards center back.
5. Sew side and shoulder seams. Serge allowances, press them towards back.
6. Turn under allowance at one long side of Placket, press. Line up raw edges of Placket and Front, stitch together. Attach top edge of Placket to Front. Clip allowances in corner, turn the Placket to the wrong side. Stitch in the ditch of Placket seam to attach inner half of Placket.
7. Sew lower (non-reinforced) half of Collar into neckline of blouse. Turn under neckline allowance of outer Collar, baste to neckline. Stitch in the ditch of neckline seam, attaching outer Collar.
8. Serge raw edges (vertical) of Sleeves. Machine-baste at Sleeve bottom allowance and pull threads to make gather so that Sleeve bottom equals Cuff in length. Spread out gathers evenly along the bottom.
9. Place two Cuff pieces face-to-face and stitch together at three sides (two short, one long). Clip allowances in corners, turn out the Cuff, press.
10. Sew under-sleeve seam down to the notch for vent. Press allowances open. Edgestitch sides of vent. Sew inner half of Cuff to the bottom of Sleeve. Turn under raw edge of outer Cuff, baste and stitch in the ditch of Cuff seam. Sew sleeves into armholes. Serge armhole allowances.
11. Serge bottom edge of blouse. Turn under hem allowance, topstitch.
12. Mark placement of buttonholes at the right Placket, sew buttons to the left placket. Mark placement of buttonhole at each Cuff, make a buttonhole, sew a button, and turn out corners of Cuff.