Recommended fabric: linen, cotton and blended fabrics.
You will need: shell fabric; fusible interfacing; 7 pairs of hooks and eyes; 2 buttons.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Front - 2 pieces
2. Back - 1 piece
3. Front Facing - 2 pieces
4. Sleeve - 2 pieces
5. Collar - 2 pieces
6. Cuff – 2 pieces
Fusible Interfacing: Front Facing, upper Collar, Cuffs.
1. Reinforce Front Facing, upper Collar and Cuffs with fusible interfacing.
2. Serge side edges. Sew shoulder and side seams (down to the notch for side vent). Serge allowances of shoulder seams and press them towards Back. Press side seams open. Edgestitch side vents.
3. Line up Collar pieces face-to-face, stitch around outer edges. Clip allowances, turn out and press.
4. Serge shoulder and outer edges of Front Facings. At the wrong side of Front, mark placement of hooks and eyes (as per pattern). Place Front Facings onto Fronts face-to-face, inserting Hooks at RIGHT Front; eyes, at LEFT Front, and stitch at center front edges. Clip allowances in corners, turn out the Front Facings, press. Bartack Front Facings to shoulder seams.
5. Sew lower (non-reinforced) Collar into neckline of blouse. Turn under raw edge of outer Collar, baste and topstitch to neckline.
6. Fold each Cuff in half lengthwise, face sides inside. Stitch short edges of Cuffs. Clip corners, turn out the Cuff, press.
7. Serge allowances of Sleeves. Sew under-sleeve seams down to the notch for sleeve vent. Press seam allowances open. Edgestitch both sides of sleeve vent. Machine-baste at bottom of sleeve, pull to make gathers. Baste Sleeve bottom to outer half of Cuff and stitch. Turn under raw edge of inner half of Cuff, baste to cuff seam. Stitch in the ditch of Cuff seam to attach inner half of Cuff.
8. Sew Sleeves into armholes, making gathers at Sleeve head (see bottom of Sleeve instructions for gathers). Serge armhole allowances.
9. Serge raw edges at bottom of blouse. Turn Front Facings inside out at the bottom, baste and stitch to Front exactly at hemline. Clip extra fabric in corner, turn out to the face side, press. Topstitch blouse at bottom hem. Topstitch front edges of blouse at 0.5 cm (3/16”).
10. Mark placement of buttonhole at each Cuff as per pattern. Make buttonhole; sew button accordingly.