Recommended fabric: linen, cotton blends (with polyester, lycra etc.) To emphasize the Tie detail, you might think of using satin-like fabrics, brilliant fabrics, or double-sided fabrics.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Top Front - 2 pieces
2. Bottom Front - 2 pieces
3. Back - 1 piece
4. Sleeve – 2 pieces
5. Cuff – 2 pieces
6. Front Facing – 2 pieces
7. Collar – 2 pieces
8. Collar Stand – 2 pieces
Fusible Interfacing: Front Facing, outer Collar, outer Collar Stand, Cuffs.
1. Reinforce Front Facings, outer Collar Stand, outer Collar and Cuffs with fusible interfacing.
2. Mark placement of darts at Back as per pattern. Sew darts at Back, press them towards center Back. Mark and sew darts at Bottom Front pieces. Press darts towards center front.
3. Reinforce extended front placket of Bottom Front with fusible interfacing (refer to your pattern for placket width). Serge bottom edge of each Top Front (up to the notch for beginning of tie); serge top edge of each Bottom Front. Serge front edge of each Bottom Front.
4. Sew Bottom Front to the Top Front down to the notch marking beginning of Tie. Press allowances open.
5. Serge inner edge Front Facing. Place Front Facings onto Fronts, aligning at front edges, and sew together. Clip allowances in corners, turn out to the face side.
6. Turn Front Facing wrong side out (face-to-face with Front), and stitch down at top corner. Turn out and press.
7. Sew and serge side and shoulder seams of blouse. Press allowances towards Back.
8. Place outer and inner Collars face-to-face and stitch together at three outer edges. Clip allowances in corners, turn out the Collar. Press. Place Collar Stands face-to-face, inserting Collar in between; stitch together. Turn the Collar Stand out to the face side, press.
9. Sew outer Collar Stand into neckline of blouse. Turn under raw edge of inner Collar Stand, baste to neckline. Stitch in the ditch of neckline seam.
10. Serge raw edges of Sleeves. Sew under-sleeve seam down to the notch for sleeve vent. Press allowances open. Edgestitch sleeve vent at both sides. Machine-baste at bottom edge of each Sleeve. Pull threads to make gathers. Length of Sleeve is shown in your pattern.
11. Fold each Cuff in half lengthwise and stitch down at short sides. Clip allowances in corners, turn out the Cuffs, press. Sew outer half of Cuff to the Sleeve bottom. Turn under raw edge of inner half of Cuff, baste to Cuff. Stitch in the ditch of Cuff seam. Machine-baste at Sleeve head. Pull threads to make gathers so that Sleeve matches armhole. Sew and serge armhole seam.
12. Serge bottom hem of blouse. Turn under hem allowance, topstitch.
13. Mark buttonholes’ placement at the right Front as per pattern. Sew buttons to the left front accordingly. Mark placement of buttons at Cuffs. Match side edges of each Cuff, and sew every two buttons, one at each side of Cuff, at one point of Cuff.