You will need: whipcord, lining, warmer, fusing, 1 separating zipper (depending on front part's length), 2 zippers (depending on pocket's length).
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Front part - 2 pieces
2. Center back part - 1 piece
3. Side front part - 2 pieces
4. Side back part - 2 pieces
5. Sleeve - 2 pieces
6. Outer collar - 1 piece
7. Inner collar - 1 piece
8. Front facing - 2 pieces
9. Large pocket bag - 2 pieces
10. Off-set welt - 2 pieces
11. Placket for zipper - 1 piece
1. Front part - 2 pieces
2. Back part - 1 piece
3. Sleeve - 2 pieces
4. Small pocket bag - 2 pieces
Topstitch the warmer to wrong side of back/front parts, sleeves, placket and outer/inner collars according to contour.
1. Quilt side front/side back part according to marked lines.
2. Apply the fusing to wrong side of the welt, press the welt along the center. Lay the reinforcement stripe under pocket place. Mark a line on the welt determining ready welt's height. Lay the welt on right side of front part coinciding pocket marking and the line on the welt. Welt's outer side must coincide with front part's right side. Stitch the welt. Cut pocket entrance between marking lines making diagonal slashes towards corners of pocket marking. Turn the welt wrong side out. Press seam allowances apart. Lay the zipper under pocket entrance. Stitch the zipper to front part on right side, 0.1 cm (1/16") from pocket entrance. Stitch small pocket bag to zipper's lower braid and fold it downwards. Stitch large pocket bag to zipper's upper braid. Pocket bag edges must enter the seam joining the zipper and reach the hem.
4. Stitch side parts to back/front parts. Stitch shoulder/side edges. Stitch sleeve seams. Stitch sleeves into armholes. Stitch around the placket for zipper and topstitch it. Overstitch the collar, turn it right side out and topstitch along collar fall. Stitch the collar into neckline.
5. Stitch front facing to front part's lining making a pleat into lining. Stitch lining details together, leave technological hole into a sleeve's seam.
6. Topstitch zipper's left part on the placket. Lay zipper's part on edging right sides together (teeth are outwards edging). Overstitch edgings inserting the zipper into placket (placket is on left front part). Turn the garment right side out.
7. Stitch the lining to garment/sleeve hems. Sew technological hole.
8. Topstitch jacket's edging ad hem.
9. Press ready jacket.