You wil need: jersey, fusing, separating zipper, decorative cord, braid.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Back part - 1 detail
2. Lower front part - 2 details
3. Upper front part - 2 details
4. Pocket - 2 details
5. Pocket facing - 4 details
6. Hood - 2 details
7. Hood center part - 1 detail
8. Front facing - 2 details
9. Sleeve - 2 details
10. Cuff - 2 details
11. Waistband - 1 detail
Fusing: front facing, pocket facing.
Advice: to prevent seam from stiffing, sew details with special (zig zag) stitch. To prevent hem from stiffing serge it with overlock and then stitch using double needle. Do the same for all edges which must stay elastic. The above is not for industrial manufacturing.
1. Apply the fusing to wrong side of front facing, pocket facing.
2. Sew hood center to hood and serge the seam. Make eyelets into hood front edge. Serge hood front edge, fold under and topstitch.
3. Lay facing on pocket and overstitch upper edge. Turn right side out and press facings.
4. Sew pocket facing to pocket. Serge joining seam.
5. Pin pocket on lower front part.
6. Stitch lower front part to upper front part and serge the seam. Remove pins.
7. Sew shoulder edges and serge them laying the braid. Sew side edges and serge them. Press shoulder/side seams backwards. Serge waistband lower edge. Stitch the waistband.
8. Lay front parts right sides together, adjust edges and measure edging lengths. Sew the zipper to edging. Fold edging near zipper and press them down.
9. Serge front facing outer edge. Lay front facing on front part right sides together and overstitch along edging (at front part). Overstitch waistband lower corner. Turn edgings right side out and press. Topstitch sergeed edge along seam joining waistband.10. Stitch the hood into neckline. Serge joining seam. Fix front facings on shoulder seams with 1 cm (3/8") stitch.
11. Sew sleeve edge. Serge the seam and press it.
12. Sew cuff side edges. Set the cuffs along the center right side out.
13. Sew cuffs to sleeves lower edges and overstitch cuff upper edges together with sleeves.
14. Sew sleeves into armholes according to notches.
15. Topstitch at 0.5 cm (3/16") along zipper. Pull the cord into hood eyelets.