You will need: silk suitable for jacket, lining, fusing, 8 buttons, shoulder pads.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Middle back part -1 folded piece
2. Side back part -2 pieces
3. Middle front part -2 pieces
4. Side front part -2 pieces
5. Back neckline facing -1 folded piece
6. Front facing -2 pieces
7. Collar -2 folded pieces
8. Upper sleeve -2 pieces
9. Lower sleeve -2 pieces
1. Middle front part -2 pieces
2. Back neckline facing -1 folded piece
3. Collar -2 folded pieces
4. Front facing -2 pieces
Prepare details. Mark front facing’s width on middle front part. Lay back neckline facing on middle back part and mark it. Cut front facing’s width and facing width along marked lines. Cut lining details.
1. Stitch darts into middle front/middle back parts.
2. Stitch front/back princess seams as well as side/shoulder seams.
3. Overstitch front edgings with front facings. Cut allowances close to seams. Stitch front facings’ shoulder seams and back neckline facings.
4. Stitch collars along outer contour right sides together. Cut allowances close to seam, turn the collar right side out, press edges. Set open edges together and tack the, into neckline.
5. Topstitch front facings and facing right sides together on the neckline inserting the collar. Cut allowances close to stitches, make several notches into roundings, cut diagonally at corners.
6. Lay front facings forwards. Fold hem allowance into wrong side and sew them. Turn front facing inside again, sew to hem allowances.
7. Stitch sleeve seams. Fold sleeve hem allowances into wrong side and sew them. Stitch sleeves in. Sew shoulder pads.
8. Stitch lining details. Stitch lining to facing and front facings right sides together; begin and stop stitching 8 cm (3-1/8") before lower edge. Turn the lining into wrong side, fold it under and sew to garment hem allowances and sleeve hems’ allowances. Fold lining open edges and sew them to front facings.
9. Make buttonholes into right edging. Sew buttons on left one.