You will need: poplin or water-resistant fabric for raincoat; lining fabric dyed-to-match the shell fabric; 4 buttons 20 mm (3/4") in diameter; 6 buttons 12 mm (1/2") in diameter; shoulder pads.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Center Front - 2 pieces
2. Side Front - 2 pieces
3. Center Back - 2 pieces
4. Side Back - 2 pieces
5. Front Sleeve - 2 pieces
6. Back Sleeve - 2 pieces
7. Collar - 2 pieces
8. Front Facing - 2 pieces
9. Pocket Welt - 2 pieces
10. Center Back - 2 pieces
11. Center Front - 2 pieces
12. Side Back – 2 pieces
13. Side Front – 2 pieces
14. Front Sleeve - 2 pieces
15. Back Sleeve - 2 pieces
16. Pocket Lining - 4 pieces
1. Sew center back seam, darts, vertical seams of Back and Front, leaving open pocket entrance areas.
2. Fold Pocket Welt lengthwise, face-to-face, stitch at short ends, turn out and press. Topstitch Welt at three sides at 1.0 cm (3/8”). Place Pocket Welt onto Center Front face-to-face, matching the Welts’ top edge to a notch and matching raw edges at pocket entrance. On top of Welt, place upper Pocket Lining, baste all three pieces together. Place lower Pocket Lining onto Side Front, baste. Sew Welt and Linings to Fronts. Sew vertical seams of Fronts. Turn Pocket Linings inside the garment, trim to fit each other and stitch around the linings. Topstitch Welt at short sides onto Front (right into the seam of Welt topstitching).
3. Sew side seams of jacket.
4. Sew shoulder seams.
5. Sew Collar pieces together at short sides and outer edge, turn out, press. Place Collar into neckline, matching the notches, and baste.
6. Sew seams of Sleeves, press open. Sew Sleeves into armholes according to notches. Turn under and press sleeve hem allowance.
7. Attach shoulder pads.
8. Sew lining pieces together, similar to the shell pieces, but leave an open area of 22 cm (9”) in lower sleeve seam of one of the sleeves. Sew lining to inside edges of Front Facings. Place lining to jacket face-to-face, matching at center back and shoulder seams. Sew lining to jacket at front edges and neckline.
Make an allowance pleat at bottom of lining and sew lining to hem edge of jacket. Turn the jacket out through the hole in sleeve seam. Stitch (or hand-sew) to close this area of sleeve seam. Hand-sew lining sleeve hem to jacket sleeve hem.
9. Make buttonholes into right Front; sew buttons to the left Front.