Recommended fabrics: Jean fabric; knit fabric.
You will need: jean fabric; knit; fusible interfacing; 7 buttons, drawcord for hood.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
Pay attention to notches: they must coincide.
1. Back yoke – 1 piece
2. Back Neck Facing – 1 piece
3. Side Front -2 pieces
4. Front Yoke – 2 pieces
5. Middle Front – 2 pieces
6. Center Front – 2 pieces
7. Front Facing - 2 pieces
8. Flap – 4 pieces
1. Back – 1 piece
2. Sleeve– 2 pieces
3. Center Hood – 1 piece
4. Hood -2 pieces
5. Cuff – 2 pieces
Fusible interfacing: Front Facing and Back Neck Facing.
1. Reinforce Front Facing and Back Neck Facing with fusible interfacing.
2. Sew and serge vertical seam of each Side Front and Middle Front. Press vertical seam towards Middle Front piece. Sew and serge vertical seam of Center Front and Middle Front. Press the seam towards Middle Front. Topstitch both vertical seams of each front with a double topstitching.
3. Sew Back Yoke to the Back. Serge the seam. Topstitch at Back Yoke at 0.2 cm (1/16") from the seam.
4. Place each pair of Flaps face-to-face and sew around the three sides. Clip allowances in corners and at curves. Turn out. Topstitch around the flap at 0.5 cm (3/16").
5. Place flap onto Front Yoke between the notches and stitch it along the bottom raw edge of Front Yoke. Sew Yoke to the Front. Serge the seam. Double-topstitch the Front Yoke at 0.2 and 0.7 cm.
6. Serge outer edge of Front Facing and Back Neck Facing. Place Front Facing onto Front face sides together and stitch at the center front edge (you must stitch at the Front, not Front Facing). Clip seam allowances at curves.
Turn out Front Facings, press. Double-topstitch center front at 0.2 cm and 0.7 cm. Sew shoulder seams of Front Facing and Back Neck Facing.
7. Sew side and shoulder seams. Serge side and shoulder seams and press allowances towards back.
8. Sew and serge hood pieces. Serge face edge of the hood. Mark the buttonholes and sew them. Turn under face edge of the hood, topstitch.
Sew hood into neckline. Sew Front Facing+Back Neck Facing into neckline.
Sew outer edge of Front Facing to the shoulder seam of jacket with a machine bartack 1 cm (3/8”) long.
9. Sew each cuff into a ring. Sew and serge sleeve seams. Fold each cuff in half wrong side inside. Sew cuff to the bottom edge of sleeve. Serge.
10. Sew sleeves into armholes matching the notches.
11. Make buttonholes at the right front; sew buttons to the left front. Pull a drawcord through the buttonholes of hood.