Recommended fabrics: artificial leather.
You will need: fusible interfacing; lining.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Inner collar – 1 detail
2. Outer collar – 1 detail
3. Cuff - 2 details
4. Sleeve - 2 details
5. Back waistband – 2 details
6. Front waistband – 4 details
7. Pocket – 2 details
8. Front pocket flap - 4 details
10. Front part – 2 details
11. Back part – 2 details
12. Front facing – 2 details
1. Back part – 1 detail
2. Front part - 2 details
3. Sleeve – 2 details
4. Upper pocket small bag – 1 detail
5. Upper pocket large bag – 1 detail
Fusible interfacing: front facing, inner collar, back waistband, front waistband, cuff.
1. Strengthen the inner collar, cuff, front facing, cuff, back waistband, front waistband. with fusible interfacing.
2. Overstitch inner collar with outer one (right sides together) along the outer contour.
3. Mark pocket place on the right front part. Fold facing and the pocket right sides together, then pin them along marked line (pocket entrance). On the wrong side, make stitches along the marked pocket line that cerate the rectangle. Cut facing and fabric details along the pocket entrance. Make diagonal cuts on 1-1.5 cm (5/8") distance from pocket end. Through these holes, turn facing into wrong side and trim edges, then press pocket entrance. Place the zipper under pocket entrance edges so that teeth are not hidden. Topstitch pocket entrance closely along the edge, on 0.2 cm (1/16") distance. Sew upper pocket small and large Hessians. Sew bags.
4. Fold flaps and under-flaps wring sides together, then overstitch. Cut flaps rounded corners allowances, then turn into right side. Topstitches along flap outer contour 0.5 cm (3/16") from the edge.
5. Sew pocket lining to pocket one-piece facing, then sew lining and pocket edges along the contour, with the 5 cm (2") hole in the side seam for turning the pocket right side out. Cut pocket rounded corners and turn the pocket right side out.
6. Fold the flap with front part according to marking, then fold out and topstitch on 0.5 cm from joining seam. Fold the pocket with front part according to outer contour on 0.5 cm from the edge. Fix pocket upper corners with double stitch.
7. Sew back center seam.
8. Sew front back waistline to lower edge of front line. Fold waistband front parts right side together, then overstitch along lower edge.
9. Sew back waistband to back part lower edge. Fold back waistband part right sides together, then overstitch along lower edge.
10. Sew the zipper to edge. Fold edges under at zipper area and press.
11. Sew shoulder and side seams.
12. Sew front facing lower edge to front waistband upper edge. Fold front facing with front part right sides together and overstitch along the edge, on the front part, up to the notch marking the end of collar sewing-in. Cut edge upper and lower corners seams. Turn edges right side out, trim seams. Topstitch on 0.5 cm (3/16") from edge.
13. Sew inner collar to neckline and sew outer collar to front facings.
14. Sew the cuff to sleeve lower edge. Sew sleeve and cuff edges together.
15. Sew sleeves into armholes according to notches. Sew shoulder pads.
16. Sew lining details seams, with the hole in the sleeve seam. Sew the lining to front facing inner edges and outer collar. Press collar joining seam allowance and sew it near seams.
17. Sew the lining to waistband and sleeve lower edges. Turn the jacket through the hole in the sleeve. Topstitch the waistband and the cuff along closely to joining seam. Sew the hole in the sleeve.