Recommended fabrics: artificial leather or suede.
You will need: fusible interfacing; 4 buttons; lining.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Back neckline facing – 1 detail
2. Back part – 1 detail
3. Upper pocket – 1 detail
4. Lower pocket – 1 detail
5. Left front side – 1 detail
6. Right front part – 1 detail
7. Left front facing – 1 detail
8. Right front facing – 1 detail
9. Collar – 2 details
10. Sleeve – 2 details
1. Back part – 1 detail
2. Left front part – 1 detail
3. Right front part – 1 detail
4. Sleeve – 2 details
Our advice: if wished, you can topstitch decorative braid along the edge, the collar and sleeves.
Fusible interfacing: left/right front facings, back neckline facing, inner collar; hem allowance: sleeve, back part.
1. Strengthen the left/right front facings, back neckline facing, inner collar; hem allowance: sleeve, back part with fusible interfacing.
2. Fold outer and inner collars right sides together, then overstitch along the outer contour. Cut collar corners, then turn it right side out.
3. Sew vertical darts into front parts.
4. Make box pleats (inverted pleat wrong side) into pockets, then fix the center of pleats.
5. Fold pocket lining to fabric pocket upper edge and sew them along the contour, with a hole in the side seam, with 5 cm (2") length hole, for turning the pocket our. Cut pocket corners allowances and turn the pocket right side out.
6. Mark the pocket place. Sew pockets on front part marking. Fix pocket upper corners with double stitches.
7. Sew vertical darts into back parts.
8. Fold the front facing and front part right sides together, then topstitch along the edge, from the front part upward the notch defining end of collar sewing-in. Sew front facing lower edges to front part, strictly along the line of hem folding-under. Cut upper/lower corners of front facing. Topstitch the front facing topstitching seam: at zipper area – into the front facing, at lapel area – into front facing lapel, on 0.2 cm (1/16") from the seam. Turn the edges into right side, fit seams.
9. Sew shoulder edges of back neckline facing and front facing.
10. Sew shoulder and side edges.
11. Sew inner collar to the neckline, then sew outer collar to front facing and facing.
12. Sew sleeve edge.
13. Sew sleeves into armholes according to notches. Sew shoulder pads and sleeve heads.
14. Sew lining details seams, then sew sleeves into armholes, with a hole in to right sleeve. Sew lining to inner edges of front facings and back neckline facing. Fix collar topstitching seam allowance near seams. Sew sleeve lining to fabric sleeve lower edge and jacket hem. Turn the garment right side out through hole in the sleeve. Sew the hole in the sleeve.
15. Work button holes into right front part, and sew buttons to left one.