You will need: fabric suitable for dress (natural or mixed), invisible zipper.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Outer front part - 1 detail
2. Inner front part - 1 detail
3. Inner back part - 2 details
4. Left outer back part - 1 detail
5. Right outer back part - 1 detail
6. Sleeve - 2 details
1. Stitch bust darts into outer/inner layers of front part. Press bust darts downwards. Stitch waist darts into outer/inner back part. Press shoulder darts towards back center. Stitch darts into outer back part. Press darts towards back center.
2. Serge side/shoulder edges of outer/inner layers. Stitch shoulder seams of outer/inner layers. Stitch side seams of outer/inner, leaving a slit into left lower seam of inner layer. Press side/shoulder seams apart, pressing side slit. Topstitch along the slit at 0.5 cm (3/16") from edges.
3. Serge outer front/back parts' hem. Press it under and topstitch.
4. Lay outer layer right side on inner layer wrong side. Overstitch front/back neckline edge. Topstitch neckline overstitch allowance on inner layer at 0.2 cm (1/16") from joining seam.
5. Serge outer/inner layers middle edge (as a single detail). Stitch middle seam up to closure notch. Press back middle seam apart, press closure slit. Sew the zipper into middle seam.
6. Serge sleeves hem and press them under. Stitch sleeve edge and serge it folding out sleeve hem. Topstitch sleeve hems.
7. Stitch sleeves into armholes (two layers as a single detail). Serge the joining seams and press it towards armholes.
8. Serge inner hem, press it under and topstitch.