You will need: fabric of natural/mixed fibers, invisible zipper, bias tape.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Back part – 2 pieces
2. Upper front part – 2 pieces
3. Sleeve – 2 pieces
4. Sleeve flounce – 2 pieces
5. Lower front part – 1 piece
1. Stitch front/back waist darts. Press front darts towards front center, press back darts towards back center.
2. Press the bias tape along the center and overstitch upper front part’s neckline. Make large stitches along upper front part’s lower edge between notches at 0.5 cm (3/16") from edge, then pull to make gathering. Stitch upper front part to lower front part making a wrap. Serge joining seam and press it downwards.
3. Press the bias tape along the center and overstitch back neckline edge. Serge back middle edge. Stitch middle back seam up to closure notch. Press middle back seam apart pressing closure edges, then stitch the zipper in.
4. Stitch side/shoulder edges. Serge side/shoulder edges, press them backwards.
5. Stitch the flounce to sleeve hem. Serge flounce lower edge, press it into wrong side and topstitch.
6. Stitch sleeve seam and serge it. Stitch sleeves into armholes according to notches.
7. Serge dress hem, fold it under and topstitch at 1.5 cm (5/8") from lower edge.