Recommended fabrics: light-to-medium weight fabrics of natural or artificial colors
You will need: shell fabric, zipper, fusible interfacing.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Back – 2 pieces
2. Back Insert – 2 pieces
3. Front – 2 pieces
4. Front Insert – 2 pieces
5. Front Skirt Panel – 1 piece
6. Back Skirt Panel – 1 piece
7. Collar – 2 pieces
8. Sleeve – 2 pieces
Note: you might want to make the skirt of this dress double-layered for extra volume, then, cut out pieces of Skirt Panels twice – for inner and outer skirts.
1. Reinforce pieces of Collar with fusible interfacing.
2. Sew together Front and Front Insert. Clip allowances in corners, serge and press towards Front Insert.
3. Sew together Back and Back Insert. Clip allowances in corners, serge allowances; press towards Back Insert. Sew center back seam. Serge seam allowances separately, press them open.
4. Sew shoulder seams. Serge allowances, press towards Back.
5. Sew Collar pieces together at top edge only. Turn out and press the Collar. Turn under allowance at neckline edge of inner collar, press. Baste neckline edge of outer collar to neckline of dress; stitch. Clip neckline allowances, press them towards the collar. Turn the Collar to the wrong side, open zipper, insert zipper tape between the collars, baste and stitch across the collar. Turn out the collar. Stitch in the ditch of neckline seam to attach inner collar.
6. Sew side seams, serge and press towards Back.
7. Sew Sleeve seams. Serge allowances, press them open. Serge bottom hem of each Sleeve, turn under for 1.0 cm (3/8”) and topstitch.
8. Sew Sleeves into armholes. Serge seam allowances, press towards Sleeve.
9. Sew side seams of skirts. Serge allowances, press towards Back.
10. Sew top of dress to the skirt, matching side seams. Serge the seam, press it towards skirt.
11. Serge bottom hem of dress, turn under and topstitch 1.5 cm (5/8”) from the bottom edge.