Recommended fabrics: Fabrics of natural or blended fibers.
You will need: shell fabric; invisible zipper, fusible interfacing.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Center Back – 2 pieces
2. Side Back – 2 pieces
3. Center Front – 2 pieces
4. Side Front – 2 pieces
5. Front Facing – 4 pieces
6. Back Facing – 4 pieces
7. Shoulder Strap - 4 pieces
1. Reinforce 1 Shoulder Strap piece, 2 Front Facings, and 2 Back Facings with fusible interfacing.
2. Line up pieces of Shoulder Straps face-to-face, stitch together at outer and inner edges, clip allowances, turn out and press.
3. Sew Front Facings and Back Facings together at side seam. Press seam open. Line up Facings face-to-face, insert Top Back and Top Front in between, so that reinforced half of Strap is applied to reinforced half of Facings. Stitch the Facings together at two sides: short edge of Front Facing and top edge of Facings. Turn out, press.
4. Sew princess seams of Front and Back. Serge allowances, press towards center.
5. Serge center front edges of Fronts. Sew center front edge between the notches. Press seam open, press slits’ allowances.
6. Sew side seams. Serge seam allowances, press towards Back.
7. Apply Facing to top edge of dress face-to-face, sew. Press allowances towards Facing. Sew center back seam up the notch for zipper. Press seam open, press down allowances of slit. Baste and sew zipper into the opening in center back seam. Zipper must reach top edge of Facing.
8. Turn under raw edge of Facing, sew to allowances around zipper. Press.
9. Serge bottom edge of dress, turn under hem allowance, topstitch at 1,5 cm (5/8”) from the bottom edge.