You will need: natural/mixed fabric, trimming fabric with elastic yarns, invisible zipper, bias tape, elastic braid.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Trimming – 2 pieces
2. Middle back part – 2 pieces
3. Side back part – 2 pieces
4. Side front part – 2 pieces
5. Center front part – 1 piece
1. Press the bias tape along the center and overstitch side front/back parts’ armholes’ edges.
2. Stitch front/back relieve edges. Serge relieve seams and press them towards the center.
3. Stitch side seams and serge them. Press side seams backwards.
4. Stitch pleats into outer layer of front part trimming. Lay trimming details right sides together and overstitch upper edge of trimming. Try the trimming and topstitch elastic braid on sides. Stitch trimming to front/back parts’ upper edge. Serge joining seam and trimming lower edge, topstitch it on trimming at 0.5 cm (3/16") from edge.
5. Serge middle edge of back part and trimming. Stitch middle back seam to closure notch, press it apart pressing closure slit. Stitch the zipper in.
6. Serge dress hem, fold it under and topstitch at 0.5 cm (3/16") from edge.