Recommended fabrics: lightweight fabrics of natural or blended fibers.
You will need: invisible zipper, bias tape.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Back – 2 pieces
2. Front – 2 pieces
3. Skirt First Tier – 1 piece
4. Skirt Second Tier – 1 piece
5. Skirt Third Tier – 1 piece
6. Skirt Fourth Tier – 1 piece
7. Skirt Fifth Tier – 1 piece
1. Skirt Lining – 1 piece
Note: You might also want to finish top of dress with lining. Use Back and Front pieces for cutting lining for top of dress.
1. Mark waist darts at Front and Back. Sew darts. Press darts towards center front and center back.
2. Mark placement of breast dart at Front. Clip allowances of dart down to 1 cm, serge allowances. Fold a slanted pleat at Front along the neckline edge. Staystitch allowances at the end of this pleat.
3. Serge center back edges. Sew center back seam up to the notch for zipper closure. Press center back seam open, press allowances of zipper opening. Baste zipper to the opening, sew zipper in.
4. Sew shoulder seams. Serge allowances, press them towards Back.
5. Fold bias tape lengthwise in half, press. Finish neckline and armholes with bias tape. Turn under raw ends of bias at Back, hand-sew to allowances.
6. Sew side seams, matching the notches. Serge seam allowances, press them towards Back.
7. Sew side seams of each tier of skirt. Serge seam allowances, press.
8. Staystitch Third, Fourth and Fifth Tiers of skirt together. Machine-baste at seam allowance, pull threads to make gathers.
9. Sew 3-rd,4-th and 5-th Tiers to the lining skirt. Serge allowances, press them upwards.
10. Staystitch First and Second Tiers, and lining together.
11. Sew top of dress to the skirt. Serge seam allowances, press them upwards.
12. Serge bottom edge of each Tier, turn under hem allowance, press and topstitch.