You will need: silk, invisible zipper, bias tape, fusing.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Back strap - 4 details
2. Front strap - 4 details
3. Middle back part - 2 details
4. Side back part - 2 details
5. Center front part - 1 detail
6. Side front part - 2 details
7. Front neckline facing - 2 details
8. Back neckline facing - 2 details
Fusing: back neckline facing, front neckline facing.
1. Apply fusing to wrong side of back/front neckline facings.
2. Sew front princess seams and serge them. Press princess seams towards front center.
3. Sew back princess seams and serge them. Press them towards back center.
4. Sew side seams and serge them. Press side seams backwards.
5. Press bias tape for back low-cut neckline and front armhole along the center right side out. Insert edge of back low-cut neckline, front neckline and front armhole edge into ready edging and topstitch at 0.1 cm (1/16") from lower bend.
6. Sew shoulder edges of front/back neckline edges. Press edges of shoulder seams apart.
7. Fold straps along the center and make stitch at 0.5 cm (3/16") from bend. Turn straps right side out and press. Sew straps to outer edge of front/back neckline facing.
8. Fold facings right sides together and overstitch neckline edge. Under stitch neckline. Overstitch facing outer edge and turn them right side out through facing middle edge. Arrange facing middle edge inside and press when ready. Topstitch along facing middle facing at 0.2 cm (3/16") from edge.
9. Serge back middle seam from closure mark downwards, then sew it. Press back middle seam apart, press closure slit. Sew the zipper in.
10. Put the dress on and arrange strap lengths. Topstitch free ends on back/front parts.
11. Turn the hem and topstitch it.