Recommended fabrics: lightweight fabrics of natural or artificial fibers, chiffon (very lightweight silk) for sleeves.
You will need: invisible zipper, bias tape, fusible interfacing.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Center Front – 1 piece
2. Side Back - 2 pieces
3. Center Back – 2 pieces
4. Side Front – 2 pieces
5. Facing for Sleeve bottoms – 2 pieces
1. Back Sleeve – 2 pieces
2. Front Sleeve – 2 pieces
Cut bias tape 4.0 cm (1-5/8”) wide for the length of neckline plus 2”.
1. Sew princess seams of Fronts and Back. Serge allowances and press them towards center front and center back accordingly.
2. Sew and serge seams of Sleeve.
3. Sew and serge side seams of dress. Press seam allowances towards Back.
4. Sew Sleeves into armhole, serge allowances.
5. Serge allowances along center back seam. Sew center back seam up to the notch for zipper. Press seam open, as well as allowances along the opening for zipper. Place zipper underneath the back opening, sew zipper in.
6. Finish the neckline with the bias tape. Turn under and hand-sew ends of bias tape, next to zipper.
7. Serge bottom edge of dress. Turn under the bottom edge, topstitch.
8. Fold Facing for Sleeve bottom lengthwise in half, face side inside, and press. Reinforce wrong side of each Facing with fusible interfacing, so that the fusible covers one half of facing and extends 1 cm over the fold to the other half.
9. Fold Sleeve Bottom Facing crosswise, face sides inside, line up and stitch together short ends, to form a “ring”.
10. Sew reinforced half of Sleeve Facing to the bottom of Sleeve. Serge seam allowances, press towards Facing. Turn under raw edge of Sleeve Facing for 1.0 cm (3/8”) and stitch in the ditch of facing seam to attach non-reinforced half of Facing.