You will need: natural/mixed fabric, invisible zipper, lining, bias tape.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Outer collar – 1 piece
2. Inner collar – 2 pieces
2. Gusset – 6 pieces
3. Middle back part – 2 pieces
4. Side back part – 2 pieces
5. Center front part – 2 pieces
6. Center front part – 2 pieces
Fusing: outer collar.
1. Apply the fusing to wrong side of outer collar.
2. Stitch the gusset to center front part, serge joining seam 4 cm (1-5/8") above the notch. Stitch middle front edge to gusset side edge. serge middle edge and gusset side edge. Press middle front seam pressing the gusset.
3. Stitch the gusset to side front part, serge joining seam 4 cm (1-5/8") above the notch. Stitch front relieve seam and gusset side edge. Serge front relieve seam and press it pressing the gusset.
4. Stitch the gusset to middle back part, serge joining seam 4 cm above the notch. Stitch middle back edge to gusset side edge. Serge middle back seam and press it pressing the gusset.
5. Stitch the gusset to side back seam, serge joining seam 4 cm above the notch. Stitch back relieve seams and gusset side edge. Serge relieve seams and press it pressing the gusset.
6. Stitch middle seam of inner collar and press the seam apart. Overstitch inner collar with outer one, turn the collar right side out and press it.
7. Press the bias tape along the center. Overstitch front/back armholes with bias tape.
8. Serge side edges. Stitch side edges and press them apart, leaving closure slit into left seam. Stitch the zipper into slit.
9. Serge shoulder seams, stitch them together and press them apart.
10. Stitch inner collar into the neckline, fold open edge of outer collar and topstitch it on the seam joining inner collar.
11. Serge dress hem, fold it under and topstitch at 1 cm (3/8") from lower edge.