You will need: natural or mixed fabric, invisible zipper, fusing.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Front part – 1 piece
2. Front flounce – 1 piece
3. Back flounce – 1 piece
4. Right back part – 1 piece
5. Left back part – 1 piece
6. Train – 1 piece
7. Back facing – 2 pieces
8. Front facing – 1 piece
Fusing: front/back facing.
1. Apply the fusing to wrong side of front/back facing.
2. Stitch front/back waist darts. Press front darts towards front center, press back darts towards back center.
3. Stitch side edges of front/back parts. Serge side seams and press them backwards.
4. Serge middle back edge. Stitch middle back seam up to closure notch. Press middle back seam apart, pressing closure slit’s edges. Stitch the zipper in.
5. Stitch side edges of flounces together. Serge flounce side seams and press them backwards. Serge the train along outer contour with roll seam stretching the edge. Serge flounce lower edge with roll seam stretching the edge. Fix the flounce and train along upper edge at 0.5 cm (3/16") from the edge.
6. Stitch the flounce to front/back lower edges coinciding side edges. Serge joining seam and press towards the flounce.
7. Stitch front/back facing side edges and press them apart.
8. Cut shoulder straps. Fold straps along the center and make a stitch at 0.5 cm from bend. Turn straps right side out and press them. Sew straps to front low-cut neckline.
9. Lay front/back facing on the dress right sides together; overstitch edge of front/back armholes/low-cut neckline facing straps. Topstitch overstitching allowance of low-cut neckline and armholes on facing at 0.2 cm (1/16") from overstitching. Turn facings wrong side out, press front/back armhole and low-cut neckline. Fold back facing’s middle edge and fix it at zipper segment.
10. Put the dress on, adjust straps’ length and sew back ends on the back part.