You will need: natural or mixed fabric, invisible zipper, piping, decorative braid for trimming, decorative cord for neckline tie.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Upper back part – 2 pieces
2. Lower back part – 2 pieces
3. Lower front part – 1 piece
4. Upper front part – 1 piece
1. Stitch waist darts into lower front/back parts. Press front darts towards front center, press back darts towards back center.
2. Stitch side edges of upper front part and upper back part. Serge side seams of upper front/back parts. Press side seams towards upper back part.
3. Stitch side edges of lower front/back parts. Serge side seams of lower front/back parts and press them backwards.
4. Sew with loose stitches along lower edge of dress upper part at 0.5 cm (3/16") from edge. Make gathering and stitch dress upper part to dress skirt. Serge joining seam and press it downwards. Pin decorative braid on seam joining upper part and topstitch on dress skirt along upper/lower edges of braid at 0.2 cm (1/16") from edge. Remove pins.
5. Sew with loose stitches along upper edge of dress upper part at 0.5 cm from edge. Make gathering and stitch decorative braid on dress upper part. Topstitch along seam joining the braid at 0.2 cm distance. Serge shaped neckline of upper front part, fold it under and topstitch on the garment at 0.7 cm (1/4") from shaped neckline edge. Pull the cord for straps into shaped neckline’s topstitched allowance.
6. Serge dress middle edge, stitch up to closure notch and press it apart, pressing closure slit. Stitch the zipper in. Fit the dress, adjust straps’ length and sew back ends on back part.
7. Serge dress hem, fold it under and topstitch at 2.5 cm (1") from lower edge.