You will need: sheer fabric; elastic braid.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Sleeve – 2 pieces
2. Upper back part – 2 pieces
3. Lower back part – 2 pieces
4. Upper front part – 1 piece
5. Front part – 1 piece
1. Stitch darts into front part and into lower back part and press them towards centers.
2. Make pleats into upper front part and stitch them to front part. Serge joining seam and press upwards.
3. Stitch sleeves into front armhole, serge joining seams.
4. Make pleats into upper back part and stitch to lower back part. Serge the seam and press it upwards.
5. Stitch sleeves into back armholes, serge joining seams.
6. Stitch side seams and sleeve edge with one seam. Serge side seams and sleeve seams and press them backwards.
7. Serge dress middle edge. Stitch dress middle seam excluding closure slit and lower slit. Press middle seam apart pressing slits. Stitch the zipper in and fix it with sheer fusing on lower slit’s seams.
8. Serge neckline edge and sleeve upper edges. Press sergeed edges and topstitch them.
9. Cut elastic braid according to size and topstitch them along neckline and sleeve hems.
10. Serge dress lower edge, press it and sew by hand.